Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Fedorenkov <iv...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/11 12:20:44 UTC

IGNITE-15256 request for review

Dear Ignite Devs,

I would like to contribute a fix that addresses a bug associated with
registration of user types by Ignite Java Thin Client. Could someone please
review the code? https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/9307

Problem description: when Java Thin Client reestablishes connection to
Ignite and invokes a Service API method with Externalizable input parameter
server node may throw ClassNotFoundException and client marks the
connection as broken and tries to open a new one.

Root cause: Ignite server nodes may lose all the registered user types
after restart if Ignite Working Dir gets deleted or cluster moves to
another set of hosts. Clients, at the same time, believe that they have
already registered their user types and they skip registration after
reconnecting.

Please note that this is my first PR into Ignite repo and I may easily miss
some important details.

Best regards,
Ivan Fedorenkov

Re: IGNITE-15256 request for review