Posted to users@maven.apache.org by or...@io7m.com on 2014/04/18 12:10:35 UTC

Unpacking a zip file from the source tree

Hello.

I have a zip file in the src directory of a project. I want to unpack
this zip file and insert the contents into the generated site directory
during the site phase.

What is the correct way to do this?

There's the "dependency:unpack" goal, but that only seems capable of
working with dependencies (which this zip file isn't). There's the
TrueZip plugin, but quite frankly, it seems defective (it silently
fails to do anything, and the documentation is no help at all).

Re: Unpacking a zip file from the source tree

Posted by or...@io7m.com.
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:10:35 +0000
<or...@io7m.com> wrote:
> There's the TrueZip plugin, but quite frankly, it seems defective (it silently
> fails to do anything, and the documentation is no help at all).

Pro tip:

This will work:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>truezip-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.2</version>
        <inherited>false</inherited>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy-out-files</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy</goal>
            </goals>
            <phase>pre-site</phase>
            <configuration>
              <verbose>true</verbose>
              <fileset>
                <directory>src/main/data/file.zip/</directory>
                <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/site/file</outputDirectory>
              </fileset>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

This will silently fail:

[...]

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:39:19 +0200
Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net> wrote:

> Anyway, to create an account go to http://xircles.codehaus.org/ and with
> that account you'll be able to access and create issues in jira.codehaus.org

Thanks!

@Dan Tran: Please see MTRUEZIP-36 and MTRUEZIP-37.

Re: Unpacking a zip file from the source tree

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
There's an ongoing issue at The Codehaus about login/account creation
complexity. IIUC this was done after some heavy spamming attack.
Anyway, to create an account go to http://xircles.codehaus.org/ and with
that account you'll be able to access and create issues in jira.codehaus.org
.

Cheers

> On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 09:36:13 -0700
> Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could you file a Jira case against truezip-m-p with a producible pom?
>
> 'Lo.
>
> I can't seem to find the registration link to allow me to post issues on
> the Truezip Jira. The login prompt says "To request an account, please
> contact your JIRA administrators"...

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Could you file a Jira case against truezip-m-p with a producible pom?

Thanks

-D

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.