Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Timothy Stone <ci...@petmystone.com> on 2004/02/12 14:47:57 UTC

Windows XP, TC 4.1.29 and logging question (catalina.out)...

List,

I must be too close to the problem, having a background in managing
Tomcat on Linux, I can't seem to figure out what is so drastically
different about Tomcat on Windows that logging doesn't behave the same.

Specifically:

c:\%tomcat_home%\bin\startup.bat

runs in a separate window (expected) but only the following logs are
being generated:

localhost_examples*
localhost_admin*
localhost_log*

'catalina* is conspicuously missing. However, the Logger is defined in
the server.xml file! There is some standard out logging going on, but
not to a file.

What directive am I missing? The archives didn't seem to answer my
question directly. The server.xml file seems to implied that the global
logger could be overridden, but I have not explictly stated any such
overriding the server.xml is "out-of-the-box."

Many thanks in advance.
Tim