Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> on 2014/04/04 09:09:24 UTC

Persistance volume is missing in documentation

Hi,

I am referring to the [1]. I this persistence volume support is missing in
the documentation.
Please direct me to the correct link if there is any documentation
available.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Sample+Cartridge+Definition

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Persistance volume is missing in documentation

Posted by "Subbu Sundararajan (subbus)" <su...@cisco.com>.

Subbu

From: Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:31 PM
To: Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>>
Cc: Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>>, Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>>, "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org<ma...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>>, Subbu Sundararajan <su...@cisco.com>>
Subject: Re: Persistance volume is missing in documentation

Hi Nirmal,

Yes. Will work on this.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I think we might need to add a new page under user-guide, which has pointers to all the places we need in order to enable persistence volume support.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>> wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments.

Currently we have mentioned about the persistence volume on the CLI command for "subscribe-cartridge" as in [1].

Will add the info to the Sample Cartridge Definition (JSON) page in [2] also as discussed above.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+subscribe-cartridge
[2]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=39622993

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>> wrote:
We need to improve the docs on this surely. Please incorporate following notes:

1. There're 2 steps for Stratos persistence volume support.
2. First step is to configure persistence volume support in Cartridge definition. And sample configs.
3. Second step is to enable persistence volume support while subscribing. And sample.
4. We should add a note saying 'Persistence volume support for Openstack is not tested and it is fully tested only for AWS EC2"

Also, Subbu and I found out that there's a major bug where the volume size at the subscription has made to a mandatory element, if you have persistence volume support enabled. Ideally, what should happen is, at the subscription, if the user hasn't provide size, we should take size from the Cartridge definition (this is critical when you have multiple volumes).

Also, there're few places we have not used correct spellings for persistence.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>> wrote:

Hi,

AFAIR these were there in previous docs. Anyway I will check and provide the configs.

Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Praneesha Chandrasiri

Posted by Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>.
Hi Nirmal,

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Udara, can you please provide the correct configs?

Thanks Subbu for checking this.

Posted by "Subbu Sundararajan (subbus)" <su...@cisco.com>.

From: Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:53 PM
To: Subbu Sundararajan <su...@cisco.com>>
Cc: "praneesha@wso2.com<ma...@wso2.com>" <pr...@wso2.com>>, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>>, "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org<ma...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>>

Currently, we discuss persistence storage in [1]. However, as Udara pointed out it makes sense to provide a description on the corresponding parameters in [2]. Praneesha, will add this information during the course of today.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Customizing+Cartridges#id-4.0.0CustomizingCartridges-Customizationbasedonpersistentstorage
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Sample+Cartridge+Definition

Regards,
Mariangela

--

Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com<http://wso2.com/>
[http://c.content.wso2.com/signatures/general.png]<http://wso2.com/events/>

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Subbu Sundararajan (subbus) <su...@cisco.com>> wrote:
Hi Praneesha,

Any update on this?

From: Praneesha Chandrasiri <pr...@wso2.com>>
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014 1:02 AM
To: Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>>
Cc: "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org<ma...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@stratos.incubator.apache.org>>, Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>>

WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com<http://wso2.com/>

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Currently, we discuss persistence storage in [1]. However, as Udara pointed
out it makes sense to provide a description on the corresponding parameters
in [2]. Praneesha, will add this information during the course of today.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Customizing+Cartridges#id-4.0.0CustomizingCartridges-Customizationbasedonpersistentstorage
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Sample+Cartridge+Definition