Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/11 17:18:55 UTC

Plan to migrate to gitbox.apache.org

Hello all,

I'm working with INFRA team to relocate sentry from *git-wip-us.apache.org
<http://git-wip-us.apache.org>* to *gitbox.apache.org
<http://gitbox.apache.org>.*
I will be sending across the steps to follow to start using the new
repository once the relocation is done.

Meanwhile, there are a couple of other things to do before performing the
relocation.
1. Identify any code level changes needed. (test-patch.py)
2. Changes to Jenkins Job which still uses the old repository.

Without having these changes we can not perform relocation as the upstream
jobs would fail and new patches cannot be submitted.
If you force any other issues please respond back.

Also, I would need some help in updating the Jenkins job(
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build). I'm still trying to
figure out a way to change the job to start using the new repository.
If anyone could help me out in this regard, it would be much appreciated.

Re: Plan to migrate to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hello all,

I have an update. Sentry repository is now relocated to
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf.

You could start using the new repo to check out the code. There is a
special process to follow in order to push the code.

I will be sending a mail later today with the detail steps.

Re: Plan to migrate to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Kalyan,

For the Jenkins job, it's just a matter of changing the git repo location
once it has switched. Everyone else just needs to clone the new repo
location once it has switched.

Note that if you follow the Apache guidelines (
https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/), you can actually clone the github URL
instead of gitbox - that's normally what I do for Apache projects that have
already switched over. The advantage of this is that you can merge PRs
directly from github to the project.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Plan to migrate to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Colm, Thanks for volunteering. It would be helpful if you could share the
process for the same.

From what I hear from INFRASTRUCTURE team, all the pull requests on

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Kalyan,