Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2022/04/28 14:54:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

A candidate for the Tika 1.28.2 release is available at:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tika/1.28.2

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:
  https://github.com/apache/tika/tree/1.28.2-rc2/

The SHA-512 checksum of the archive is
  035f3643a302e2a88f99ca549c4d5c5c6eecd7736d03e4a686b17028f519f6a7a40229e48f2aac0bdf1653391e0bd7d34d0c7d099a2e5a2cb6141df00a4181bf.

In addition, a staged maven repository is available here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetika-1083/org/apache/tika

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Tika 1.28.2.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Tika PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Tika 1.28.2

Here's my +1.

Best,

           Tim

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

Posted by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
+1.
Basic stuff, linux ubuntu 20, x86, java 11.
Thanks.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1

Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Should have included @user

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.
Just got a successful build on Windows 10 JDK 11 after fixing line endings
of testVCalendar.vcs

+1

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Tilman!

AW: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
👋 Go with what we have
Tilman

--- Original-Nachricht ---
Von: Tim Allison
Betreff: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2
Datum: 02. Mai 2022, 12:15
An: <de...@tika.apache.org>

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
I confirmed my memory of TikaServerIntegrationTest.  The difference is
that in 1.x, we were still using threads to start the server and then
hoping that thread.interrupt() actually shut the process down in a

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
I have seen that test flake out. I’ll take a look on Monday.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.04.2022 um 11:08 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:

> Me, I did a successful build yesterday with jdk8 (oracle) and now with
> jdk11 (oracle) on Windows 10. However there are frequent build fails
> on the CI for jdk11 and jdk 17.
>
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/tika/job/tika-branch1x-jdk11/170/
>
> Tilman

Oops I just noticed that I had "-skipTests" in my jdk11 "script". I'll
run it again and report.

Tilman

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tika 1.28.2 Candidate #2

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by David Meikle <da...@meikle.io>.
On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 15:55, Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> wrote:

> A candidate for the Tika 1.28.2 release is available at:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tika/1.28.2
>
> The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:
>   https://github.com/apache/tika/tree/1.28.2-rc2/
>
> The SHA-512 checksum of the archive is
>
> 035f3643a302e2a88f99ca549c4d5c5c6eecd7736d03e4a686b17028f519f6a7a40229e48f2aac0bdf1653391e0bd7d34d0c7d099a2e5a2cb6141df00a4181bf.
>
> In addition, a staged maven repository is available here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetika-1083/org/apache/tika
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Tika 1.28.2.
> least three +1 Tika PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Tika 1.28.2

Everything looks good (sigs, etc) and has build and tests fine for me in
Ubuntu 22.04 (Java 11 and 17) but is failing on Windows 11 (Java 11).

The test that is
failing TikaServerIntegrationTest.testSameServerIdAfterOOM() is consistent
in Maven build but not in IDE.

Will drill into it today to see if I can see anything.

Anyone building fine on Windows?

Cheers,
Dave