Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Satish Plakote <ps...@controlnet.co.in> on 2005/05/03 05:40:21 UTC

new bie ..

hi
i am new to tag library.. still trying to write my first application.. i want to know which all jars i need in my classpath to
compile the custom tags that i make.a link from where to downlod will be of great help.
thx
Satish

Re: new bie ..

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
That would depend on the custom tags you write, and what depedencies they
pull in.

As examples, you'll find dependency discussions here:
1) "Getting Started" documentation for standard taglibs [
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/standard/GettingStarted.html
]
2) The requirement and configuration sections of the online docs for the
jakarta supported/sandbox taglibs

Commons dependencies  [ http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/  ] are
prevalent in "open source" taglibs since they are available under the ASF
license [ http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html ] just like the
jakarta taglibs themselves.

-Rahul