Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Steve <sb...@velos.com> on 2002/02/21 08:38:03 UTC

Is it possible to select a layout or navigation from the url?

I am trying to create a layout which shows only the banner (dynamically defined based on whether or not the user is logged in). Is there a url or parameter which will let me "switch" to this layout?
ie http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/layout/banneronly

TIA,

Steve B.

Re: Is it possible to select a layout or navigation from the url?

Posted by sbelt <sb...@velos.com>.
found my answer in the Turbine list. This is most hopeful as I can now
make my framed applications appear to be running in jetspeed.

- copied the templates/vm/layouts/html/defaul.vm to banner.vm
- modified it to remove everything other than the call to the top.vm
- I can now call http://server:8080/jetspeed/portal/template/banner

I am thinking that <iframe> would be the best use as I would like the banner
to be refreshed with each screen. This way, my jetspeed session will be
kept alive as I use the other application.

Steve B.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Steve,
Look at <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/navigations/html/top.vm.
We are using $data.User.hasLoggedIn() to determine if the user is logged
in and the generating the navigation bar accordingly.

Paul Spencer