Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Alexia Richarson <al...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/17 10:26:22 UTC

PROBEM WHILE ADDING NEW FIELDS IN THE TURBINE_USER TABLE

Hi to ALL,

This is first time I am in the mail list. So far I have been looking into
your mail archive and trying to solve out my problems with my portal
development.

Here I have a problem, it will be grateful if anyone can help me out.

Here it goes--->

I am using jetspeed-1.4-b3 (both src and war).
I could configure MYSQL as my database and also it is working fine and also
I could create new users in the default TURBINE_USER table.

NOW, I need to add few fields in this TURBINE_TABLE, a requirement for my
portal site. I could do it by changing security-schema.xml file in the
jetspeed source, rebuilding it and running the generated script at
security-schema.sql. Now my Table TURBINE_USER table looks like this --

CREATE TABLE TURBINE_USER
(
                    USER_ID INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    LOGIN_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
                    EMAIL CHAR (99),
                    PASSWORD_VALUE VARCHAR (32) NOT NULL,
                    FIRST_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
                    LAST_NAME VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
                    SEX CHAR (1) NOT NULL,
                    ZIPCODE VARCHAR (32) NOT NULL,
                    ADDRESS1 VARCHAR (99) NOT NULL,
                    ADDRESS2 VARCHAR (99),
                    JOBTYPE VARCHAR (32) NOT NULL,
                    CONFIRM_VALUE VARCHAR (99),
                    MODIFIED TIMESTAMP,
                    CREATED TIMESTAMP,
                    LAST_LOGIN TIMESTAMP,
                    DISABLED CHAR (1),
                    OBJECTDATA BLOB,
                    PASSWORD_CHANGED TIMESTAMP,
    PRIMARY KEY(USER_ID),
    UNIQUE (LOGIN_NAME)
);

Now, I made changes in the script  populateMysql.sql and inserted the values
in the database.

NEXT, I made corrsponding changes in the NewAccount.vm and also in the
localization files. I have created neccessary interfaces and classes too and
configured in  3 jetspeedsecurity.* files.and also added the base packages
in TurbineResource.properties file. Also , I have rebuild the source and
added the necessary jetspeed*.jar  as well as my private classes-jar files
in the /lib folder

I GUESS I STRICTLY FOLLOWED neccessary steps.

BUT , MY PROBLEM IS -->

WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE JETSPEED HOME PAGE I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR*

Horrible Exception: org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.LoginException:
Failed to get anonymous user:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UserException: Failed to retrieve user
'anon': Only 13 columns exist!
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:225)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:107)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:159)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:97)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(JetspeedSessionValidator.java:103)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:521)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:430)
	at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:42)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:204)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)

I guess, the problem is , Turbine security is not abled to recognize my
newly added fields In the TURBINE_USER table.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME , WHAT I HAVE MISSED and HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS ERROR ??

PLease Help me out.

YOur kind response is awaited.

Thanks in advance

Alexia.