Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> on 2019/08/23 20:10:55 UTC

JBoss Tools FreeMarker Eclipse plugin fork

The most complete Eclipse plugin is still the one that was developed
at JBoss Tools long ago, but it was discontinued 2 years ago. So, I
have taken over basic maintenance in my Github fork
(https://github.com/ddekany/jbosstools-freemarker), and published a
new version on Eclipse Marketplace
(https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/freemarker-ide). Also, if you
try to open an .ftl, .ftlh or .ftlx file in Eclipse, now Marketplace
will find this plugin automatically.

Basic maintenance practically means replacing the embedded
freemarker.jar with the latest version, and uploading to Bintray, and
adding a new version on Eclipse Marketplace. Anyone, especially any
PMC member with Bintray and Eclipse user, to who I can give right to
editing these? Just so that releasing a new plugin version stays
possible even if I'm not available.

The biggest problem with this plugin is that it only recognizes FTL
syntax, not the static text. Like in a HTML template you have no HTML
syntax highlighting/completion. This limits the use cases. To address
that, there's https://github.com/angelozerr/lsp4e-freemarker, but it
has become inactive. Would be great if someone picks that up.

Re: JBoss Tools FreeMarker Eclipse plugin fork

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks a lot for this effort Daniel, Jacques