Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com> on 2003/01/19 00:53:05 UTC

TLS Support

Has anyone tried this recently ?
TLS support used to work for SMTP, POP3 and NNTP. Also one James instance
could run both TLS and plain socket versions. Was this changed ?

Spent some time getting TLS to work but could not. Generated Keys changed
configuration etc. and got James to startup appropriate listeners.
-----------------------
Phoenix 4.0.1

James 2.1
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
POP3 Service started plain:110
POP3 Service started ssl:995
SMTP Service started plain:25
SMTP Service started ssl:465
NNTP Service started plain:119
NNTP Service started ssl:563
Fetch POP Disabled
-----------------------

But cannot connect over TLS for some reason. I get an immediate Socket
disconnect from server. Wondering if anyone has looked into this recently.
Attaching changed config.xml and assembly.xml.

Harmeet

RE: TLS Support

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Harmeet,

> Has anyone tried [TLS] recently ?

According to at least one of our users, TLS is working with all protocols
except for SMTP, and it works with SMTP manually.  Please see james-user for
the discussion.  I didn't spot anything obviously wrong in your config.xml,
but I haven't been using TLS, so perhaps you can compare notes with
Emmanuel, and see what is different between his working configuratin and
your configuration.

	--- Noel