Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2010/03/12 21:59:08 UTC

documentation for 10.6 features

I have added a documentation column and a leading dashboard column to
the table of features on the 10.6 release page:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease Please correct
this table if you know of documentation which I have missed.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: 10.6 dblook improvements, was: documentation for 10.6 features

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

>>> I added links to the (not yet finished) documentation issues for the
>>> rest of the features. The only feature with no doc JIRA is DBLOOK
>>> Improvements, but that feature is not done yet and there hasn't been any
>>> activity for quite some time.
>>>

>> Thanks, Knut.
>>
>> I wonder what we should say about dblook in the release notes. I feel
>> that the coding is almost done, but the feature needs a lot of
>> verification, which won't happen in the time remaining for 10.6. What
>> if anything should we say about dblook in 10.6?
>>

> The code has not been committed yet, so unless someone is actually
> planning to finish the work for 10.6, I don't think we need to say
> anything about it.
>
> The patch that's attached to the issue (DERBY-4272) still applies to
> head of trunk, and the code builds. It looks like it changes the
> compilation of the tools classes so that they'll only work on Java 5 or
> later, though. I tried to change that back to 1.4, but the code
> apparently uses some Java 5 methods. It's probably not that much work to
> get it to compile for 1.4, but it won't happen until someone volunteers
> to scratch that itch.

Thanks for looking into that, Knut. I have removed the dblook task from
the feature list and moved dblook into a concluding list of deferred
items: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM> writes:

> The patch that's attached to the issue (DERBY-4272) still applies to
> head of trunk, and the code builds. It looks like it changes the
> compilation of the tools classes so that they'll only work on Java 5 or
> later, though. I tried to change that back to 1.4, but the code
> apparently uses some Java 5 methods. It's probably not that much work to
> get it to compile for 1.4, but it won't happen until someone volunteers
> to scratch that itch.

I took the patch that far as well (so that it compiles for 1.4). I
think I have the diffs lying somewhere, they were smallish. Let me
know if you'd like to dig them up. I am too busy with other stuff
right now to run with this.

Thanks,
Dag

Re: 10.6 dblook improvements, was: documentation for 10.6 features

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

--
Knut Anders

10.6 dblook improvements, was: documentation for 10.6 features

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Re: documentation for 10.6 features

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.