Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yusuf Chan <yu...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2002/09/13 09:58:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Karapan Sapi Struts Generator

  Karapan Sapi is a generator that automatically create  files for
Struts framework based web  application. From an XML meta data, Karapan
Sapi will generate:
- Database creation scripts (SQL DDL)
- struts-config.xml
- web.xml
- tiles-def.xml
- validation.xml
- StrutsAction
- StrutsForm
- DAO
- JavaBean
- Pager utility (for listing a long list)
- Startup filter (for loading object on session startup)
- Startup plugin (for loading object on application startup)
- .JSP files
- build.xml (ant build file)

Generated code is based on experiences, Ted Husted's tips and tips from
this mailing list. It's intended as a starter kit or skeleton, and let
you fill in the blank to complete the application. You can download
Karapan Sapi at http://www.javanovic.com.

Karapan Sapi is freeware and licensed under LGPL. Any comments,
suggestions, and questions are welcome.

Thanks

-roel-

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Karapan Sapi Struts Generator

Posted by Jan Fetyko <st...@phase2online.com>.
Is anybody planning on (re)creating the GUI in Java for example, so
anybody can run it, not only Windows users ?
Looks very nice though, even without GUI.

Thank you.

Jf

Posted by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>.
Impressive from first glances.  RAD development is something that suits
the typical type of development I'm getting landed at the moment -
although I'll get faster as I learn more about Struts and as I keep the
little helpers and tidbits I've been putting together - but point and
click is a big advantage for a lot of the people I work with - mostly
designers who would love to get into Java, but Dreamweaver MX's JSP
support is average, and not really any different from their point of
view from using PHP, or ASP etc.

Shame its a Windows GUI, though - since I don't use Windows anywhere,
and all of the designers I know use Mac's :(

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 08:58, Yusuf Chan wrote:
>   Karapan Sapi is a generator that automatically create  files for
> Struts framework based web  application. From an XML meta data, Karapan
> Sapi will generate:
> - Database creation scripts (SQL DDL)
> - struts-config.xml
> - web.xml
> - tiles-def.xml
> - validation.xml
> - StrutsAction
> - StrutsForm
> - DAO
> - JavaBean
> - Pager utility (for listing a long list)
> - Startup filter (for loading object on session startup)
> - Startup plugin (for loading object on application startup)
> - .JSP files
> - build.xml (ant build file)
>
> Generated code is based on experiences, Ted Husted's tips and tips from
> this mailing list. It's intended as a starter kit or skeleton, and let
> you fill in the blank to complete the application. You can download
> Karapan Sapi at http://www.javanovic.com.
>
> Karapan Sapi is freeware and licensed under LGPL. Any comments,
> suggestions, and questions are welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> -roel-

Regards