Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <DN...@hibbertgroup.com> on 2006/11/29 15:52:28 UTC

[OT] RE: Struts Tiles, Lose of Performance ? :-(

From: Thomas Thomas [mailto:debussy007@gmail.com]
> >> How about not having so many bloody CSS files?
> How ?

Delete some?

Seriously; why are your styles so spread out? Don't you have a
consistent style (perhaps with minor differences) for the site? Why does
each page/section need its own?

Dave

Re: [OT] RE: Struts Tiles, Lose of Performance ? :-(

Posted by Thomas Thomas <de...@gmail.com>.
Because if I have a lot of pages, and a page has a error in its layout,
I can easily find the code because I have separate css files for each file.
If I have a common CSS for all the pages, I think the code will be long ...
I must say i'm not sure about what I'm doing, what do u think of my
arguments ?

Posted by Mark Bakker <ba...@gmail.com>.
well the idea of CSS is to separate styling from the actual web page...

how you implemented it you are mis-using CSS... look to all mayor
websites.. they all using one CSS file. may bee you can find the code
easily, but you need to fix the same bug on several places.

With your strategy you could just use plane HTML.

Posted by Mark Bakker <ba...@gmail.com>.
well header is your naming