Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cogitate <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 20:12:51 UTC

JAX-RS QueryParam/FormParam is empty

hi sergey:

public interface X
{
    @GET
    @Consumes("text/plain")
    @Path("/select")
    public String getSearchResults(@QueryParam("")String query);
}

when the annotation for QueryParam is empty, the request sent to the server
defaults to binary with key for the URL as bytes=@B[ .....

is this by design ( even when i have media-type defined as text/plain ) ?

the cxf-version i am using is 2.4.0 ( but i have tried it with cxf-2.4.2,..,
cxf-2.5.2 )

any pointers to this would be nice.

regards,
cogitate

Re: JAX-RS QueryParam/FormParam is empty

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 07/06/12 19:12, cogitate wrote:
> hi sergey:
>
> public interface X
> {
>      @GET
>      @Consumes("text/plain")
>      @Path("/select")
>      public String getSearchResults(@QueryParam("")String query);
> }
>
> when the annotation for QueryParam is empty, the request sent to the server
> defaults to binary with key for the URL as bytes=@B[ .....
>
> is this by design ( even when i have media-type defined as text/plain ) ?
>
> the cxf-version i am using is 2.4.0 ( but i have tried it with cxf-2.4.2,..,
> cxf-2.5.2 )

QueryParam("") is used for getting a custom bean populated from a
sequence of query parameters, I guess you probably need to use
@Default(""), alongside with QueryParam("myparam")

Cheers, Sergey
> any pointers to this would be nice.
>
> regards,