Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by qiang tian <ti...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/28 12:07:10 UTC

coprocessor stop method not invoked

Hi Guys,
I am investigating a customized JMX agent fix based on coprocessor for
hbase-10289. ---coprocessor makes the fix pluggable so user can switch to
official JDK7 fix in future easily.

but I find with the fix the hbase fails to be stopped,  because the tcp
port is not closed ---the coprocessor stop method is never invoked.

checking the code, it looks we miss the stop method? and the coprocessor
examples code in hbase source tree ALL use empty stop method...so it would
be a problem if coprocessor allocate OS resources such as file handle, tcp
port?

I verified adding the stop method invocation fixes the issue.
can you please let me know if jira is needed?

thanks.
Qiang

Re: coprocessor stop method not invoked

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Qiang:
You can open a JIRA and attach your patch.

Cheers