Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by qcfireball <qc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/18 14:28:13 UTC

SystemView Import and UUID

I am trying to do a SystemView Import, and have a UUID created if the node
does not already exist.  I use an XSLT to x-form my XML into the proper
SystemView, and include a node for jcr:uuid.  If this value is empty, the
JCR throws an exception.  If I remove the jcr:uuid node, the JCR imports the
XML without Exception.

My problem is that I don't want to maintain 2 XSLT's or have to post process
the XML to remove the jcr:uuid node.

Is there any way to import XML with the following jcr:uuid node value in the
imported XML?

<sv:property sv:name="jcr:uuid" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value/>
</sv:property>

Re: SystemView Import and UUID

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
hi,
the current implementation needs a valid uuid if the attribute is
present. it's discussable if an empty attribute should be treated like
a non existing one.

feel free to post a jira enhancement issue.
regards, toby

On 7/18/07, qcfireball <qc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to do a SystemView Import, and have a UUID created if the node
> does not already exist.  I use an XSLT to x-form my XML into the proper
> SystemView, and include a node for jcr:uuid.  If this value is empty, the
> JCR throws an exception.  If I remove the jcr:uuid node, the JCR imports the
> XML without Exception.
>
> My problem is that I don't want to maintain 2 XSLT's or have to post process
> the XML to remove the jcr:uuid node.
>
> Is there any way to import XML with the following jcr:uuid node value in the
> imported XML?
>
> <sv:property sv:name="jcr:uuid" sv:type="String">
>     <sv:value/>
> </sv:property>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97