Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de> on 2013/03/14 09:56:45 UTC

AOO logo for special purposes?

Hello,

Are there any designs for a stylized AOO logo?

What I mean for example would a combination of the Apache feather with the OO-gulls.

Why?
I think the normal AOO logo is official amount for purposes such as Pins unsuitable.

I have created 2 Drafts, what I mean, but I'm not a good graphic designer.

http://www.calc-info.de/files/Apache-OO_example1.jpg
http://www.calc-info.de/files/Apache-OO_example2.jpg

Can someone better and can help to create a suitable design?

greeting
Jörg

Re: AOO logo for special purposes?

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
There is a logo proposal for an updated logo which actually has an arrow over the orb.

Check out the AOO 4.0 logo proposals on the marketing wiki.

Kevin.

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any designs for a stylized AOO logo?
>
> What I mean for example would a combination of the Apache feather with the OO-gulls.
>
> Why?
> I think the normal AOO logo is official amount for purposes such as Pins unsuitable.

We've done some special logo variation.  For example, Drew made the
"Get it here" logo:  http://openoffice.apache.org/get-it-here.html

>From a trademark perspective, this can be a good idea to keep the
original logo for use only in the product and the website, but then
create special, but related logos for other things.

(Also, I think there are more graphics people on the marketing list,
so you might want to ask the same question there)

-Rob