Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bryan Keller <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 00:57:55 UTC

Created date field

Does anyone know of any strategies for tracking the created date of a row or column, without a checkAndPut() type of solution? I am trying to avoid reading from the table to see if the value already exists before putting. One thought I had was to store a timestamp of every update as a column, but that might bloat my rows.

Re: Created date field

Posted by Bryan Keller <br...@gmail.com>.
I'm thinking I could implement a coprocessor to do this. I'm still on 0.90.4 ATM, but it's a thought going forward. I haven't played around with coprocessors yet though so not sure if this is feasible.

Re: Created date field

Posted by T Vinod Gupta <tv...@readypulse.com>.