Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/21 08:18:09 UTC

[Axis2]Why cannot hot delete services?

Hi All,

    How could I hot delete a service instead of rebooting the
servlet container?

Thanks,
Jiang

Re: [Axis2]Why cannot hot delete services?

Posted by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I have the same problem and changing axis2.xml did not work!!

Here is what I did:
--changed the hotupdate parameter to true in
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\conf\axis2.xml
--restarted Tomcat
--tried to delete an aar from services directory: it says cannot delete as
another person or program may be using it.
--I reopened axis2.xml and hotupdate was infact true.
--there is nothing else accessing the aar except Tomcat

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

-Nirmit

             "zhu jiang"
             <ykzhujiang@gmail
                                       axis-user@ws.apache.org
             07/21/2006 04:11                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Axis2]Why cannot hot delete
             Please respond to         services?
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Thanks a lot!

2006/7/21, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>:
  Hi Jiang;
  If you are in Linux then just delete the service from services directory.
  In windows you need to change axis2.xml , in axis2.xml there is a
  parameter called "*<parameter name="hotupdate"
  locked="false">false</parameter>*"
  you need to set the value of that parameter to true.

  zhu jiang wrote:

  > Hi All,
  >
  >     How could I hot delete a service instead of rebooting the
  > servlet container?
  >
  > Thanks,
  > Jiang

  Deepal
  ~Future is Open~

Re: [Axis2]Why cannot hot delete services?

Posted by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jiang;

zhu jiang wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     How could I hot delete a service instead of rebooting the
> servlet container?
>
> Thanks,
> Jiang

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [Axis2]Why cannot hot delete services?

Posted by xu cai <je...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure with axis2,
but for axis 1.4, you can do that from
http://yourhostname:port/axis/servlet/AdminServlet