Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/14 18:12:01 UTC

SRX Integration Issues.

All,

I am trying to add an SRX 100 to Cloud Stack and keep getting a "Illegal
Group Reference"

Here is how I am trying to add the config.
IP Address: 10.0.2.1
Username: root
Password: password
Type: Juniper SRX Firewall
Public Interface: fe-0/0/0.0
Private Interface: fe-0/0/1.0
Usage interface:
Number of Retries: 2
Timeout: 300
Public network: untrust
Private network: trust
Capacity: 10

Here is my SRX configuration.

http://pastebin.com/nTVEM92p

Here is the only logs I get from management-server.log

http://pastebin.com/pWB0Kbtu

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v/r
Sean

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
I meant, this looks like mgmt server Java error rather than SRX error.

This is from your log:

   1. 2013-06-14 09:26:29,327 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
   (Job-Executor-37:job-65) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Illegal
   group reference

See also:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11913709/why-does-replaceall-fail-with-illegal-group-reference
http://cephas.net/blog/2006/02/09/javalangillegalargumentexception-illegal-group-reference-replaceall-and-dollar-signs/
http://webtrouble.blogspot.com/2009/04/java-illegal-group-reference.html

Maybe some substitute functions got wrong in the code due to the string got
illegal characters.

e.g. replaceXmlValue() in JuniperSrxResource.java used replaceAll()
function that may result in "Illegal group reference exception."
    private String replaceXmlValue(String xml, String marker, String value)
{
        marker = "\\s*%" + marker + "%\\s*";

        if (value == null) {
            value = "";
        }

        return xml.replaceAll(marker, value);
    }

--Sheng

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com>.
I am going to enter a bug for this and submit a patch..

v/r
Sean

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com>.
Looking up the trust group, I am not seeing any exceptions in the log files.

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Re: SRX Integration Issues.

Posted by Sean Truman <st...@gmail.com>.