Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> on 2011/07/19 12:45:57 UTC

Planet Apache, Planet OpenOffice, etc.

Apache has two "planet" blog aggregators, one for Apache project blogs
[1] and one for Committer's personal blogs [2].  There are
instructions [3] for adding your blog to the latter aggregator. (SVN
required)

There is also a OpenOffice.org Community Planet [4].  Does anyone know
the details of this?  Who is the admin?  What software is it using?
Do we want to migrate this?  Or are the Apache project and Committer
planets sufficient?  Presumably the data model for this is merely a
list of Atom/RSS feed URL's and descriptive strings.  So migration to
an equivalent aggregator package would be easy.

(There is also an OpenOffice User Experience Planet [5] but it gets
very little traffic, so we might merge it into [4])

[1] http://blogs.apache.org/

[2] http://planet.apache.org/committers/

[3] http://planet.apache.org/

[4] http://planet.services.openoffice.org/

[5] http://planet.services.openoffice.org/ux/

Re: Planet Apache, Planet OpenOffice, etc.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> wrote:
> Apache has two "planet" blog aggregators, one for Apache project blogs
> [1] and one for Committer's personal blogs [2].  There are
> instructions [3] for adding your blog to the latter aggregator. (SVN
> required)
>
> There is also a OpenOffice.org Community Planet [4].  Does anyone know
> the details of this?  Who is the admin?  What software is it using?
> Do we want to migrate this?  Or are the Apache project and Committer
> planets sufficient?  Presumably the data model for this is merely a
> list of Atom/RSS feed URL's and descriptive strings.  So migration to
> an equivalent aggregator package would be easy.

Looks like that planet is powered by Planet 2.0, and therefore a
migration to Venus (a.k.a. Planet 3.0) should be straightforward.  All
of the subscription information needed is in the OPML file posted on
that site, the only other thing which would be helpful is the template
(skin) used.

> (There is also an OpenOffice User Experience Planet [5] but it gets
> very little traffic, so we might merge it into [4])

- Sam Ruby

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> wrote:

> Apache has two "planet" blog aggregators, one for Apache project blogs
> [1] and one for Committer's personal blogs [2].  There are
> instructions [3] for adding your blog to the latter aggregator. (SVN
> required)
>
> There is also a OpenOffice.org Community Planet [4].  Does anyone know
> the details of this?

no details but the admin seems to be

 mh@openoffice.org

who is
Martin HollmichelHope this helps.

 Who is the admin?  What software is it using?
> Do we want to migrate this?  Or are the Apache project and Committer
> planets sufficient?  Presumably the data model for this is merely a
> list of Atom/RSS feed URL's and descriptive strings.  So migration to
> an equivalent aggregator package would be easy.
>
> (There is also an OpenOffice User Experience Planet [5] but it gets
> very little traffic, so we might merge it into [4])
>

> [1] http://blogs.apache.org/
>
> [2] http://planet.apache.org/committers/
>
> [3] http://planet.apache.org/
>
> [4] http://planet.services.openoffice.org/