Posted to user@spark.apache.org by upendra 1991 <up...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/05/18 02:22:14 UTC

Jupyter spark Scala notebooks

What's the best way to use jupyter with Scala spark. I tried Apache toree and created a kernel but did not get it working. I believe there is a better way.
Please suggest any best practices.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Jupyter spark Scala notebooks

Posted by Kun Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
What is the problem here?

To use Toree there are some step ups.

Best,

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:22 PM, upendra 1991 <upendra1991@yahoo.com.invalid

Posted by Mark Vervuurt <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Upendra,

I got toree to work and I described it in the following JIRA issue.
See the last comment of the issue.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-336 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-336>

Mark

> On 18 May 2017, at 04:22, upendra 1991 <up...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> What's the best way to use jupyter with Scala spark. I tried Apache toree and created a kernel but did not get it working. I believe there is a better way.
>
> Please suggest any best practices.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

Re: Jupyter spark Scala notebooks

Posted by ka...@gmail.com.
Which of these notebooks can help populate real time graphs through web socket or some sort of push mechanism?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Moorhead <ri...@c2fo.com>.
Take a look at Apache Zeppelin; it has both python and scala interpreters.
https://zeppelin.apache.org/

Apache Zeppelin<https://zeppelin.apache.org/>
zeppelin.apache.org
Apache Zeppelin. A web-based notebook that enables interactive data analytics. You can make beautiful data-driven, interactive and collaborative documents with SQL ...

Richard Moorhead
Software Engineer
richard.moorhead@c2fo.com<ma...@gmail.com>

C2FO: The World's Market for Working CapitalĀ®

[http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/LinkedIN.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/c2fo?trk=vsrp_companies_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A125658601427902817660%2CVSRPtargetId%3A1555109%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary> [http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/YouTube.png]  <https://www.youtube.com/c/C2FOMarket> [http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/Twitter.png]  <https://twitter.com/C2FO> [http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/Googleplus.png]  <https://plus.google.com/+C2foMarket/posts> [http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/Facebook.png]  <https://www.facebook.com/C2FOMarketplace> [http://c2fo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2016/03/Forbes-Fintech-50.png] <https://c2fo.com/media-coverage/c2fo-included-forbes-fintech-50>