Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> on 2015/12/01 01:32:49 UTC

Re: issue

At 16:42 30/11/2015 -0500, Vicky Neal wrote:
>In my open office find and replace, recently the "Replace all"
>button is faded and I can't click on it. I can't find anything
>online about that issue to try and fix it. I need it working for
>times when I have to replace a lot of the same thing.

In the Find and Replace dialogue, click More Options. Is Notes ticked
at the bottom of the panel? If so, your search will include the text
of any comments in your document, but this seems to disable the
Replace All facility, so its button will indeed be greyed out. Note
that this option sticks, so if you selected it but then didn't cancel
it after you finished your search, it will have remained ticked.
Remove the tick and you should be able to Replace All again.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker