Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bobby Mitchell <bo...@niac.usra.edu> on 2002/09/24 21:22:23 UTC

Help: multiple descriptor files for mod-db

I'm trying to use multiple descriptor files for mod-db actions.

My actions are defined in the sitemap as:
     66       <map:action name="mod-db-upd"
     67         src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseUpdateAction">
     68         <descriptor>db3.xml</descriptor>
     69         <throw-exception>false</throw-exception>
     70       </map:action>
     71
     72       <map:action name="mod-db-sel-email-pw"
     73         src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseSelectAction">
     74         <descriptor>db1.xml</descriptor>
     75         <throw-exception>true</throw-exception>
     76         <append-table-name>false</append-table-name>
     77         <output>session</output>
     78       </map:action>
     79
     80       <map:action name="mod-db-sel-email"
     81         src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseSelectAction">
     82         <descriptor>db2.xml</descriptor>
     83         <throw-exception>true</throw-exception>
     84         <append-table-name>false</append-table-name>
     85         <output>session</output>
     86       </map:action>

The error message:
_org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add record:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations for resource:
file:/var/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/list/db1.xml_

All of these files have file permissions of  664 and are owned by tomcat4.

I am using Cocoon 2.1-dev from cvs around Aug 15, Tomcat 4.0.2, and JDK
1.4.1 from Sun.

I have also tried using <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="db1.xml"/>, but I get the same results.

Are there any limitations on file name, such as excluded characters,
length, etc?

--
Robert J. (Bobby) Mitchell
Systems Administrator

Re: Help: multiple descriptor files for mod-db

Posted by Bobby Mitchell <bo...@niac.usra.edu>.
Christian Haul wrote:

> Bobby Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use multiple descriptor files for mod-db actions.
>

> Any other messages above this one? Like "could not find table set" or
> something?

None. I found the problem in the database.xml files. I did not close
<key> when I added another key to the file.

> Sounds fair enough. Personally, I use 1.3.1_04 and tomcat 4.1.7. There
> were some issues with 4.0.x at some point but I think they were resolved.

Now I'm using Tomcat 4.1.7 and will go to 4.1.12 soon.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Bobby Mitchell wrote:
> I'm trying to use multiple descriptor files for mod-db actions.
>     72       <map:action name="mod-db-sel-email-pw"
>     73         src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseSelectAction">
>     74         <descriptor>db1.xml</descriptor>
>     75         <throw-exception>true</throw-exception>
>     76         <append-table-name>false</append-table-name>

This is not (yet) in CVS.

>     77         <output>session</output>
>     78       </map:action>

> The error message:
> _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add record:
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
> trying to load configurations for resource:
> file:/var/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/list/db1.xml_

Any other messages above this one? Like "could not find table set" or
something?

> All of these files have file permissions of  664 and are owned by tomcat4.
>
> I am using Cocoon 2.1-dev from cvs around Aug 15, Tomcat 4.0.2, and JDK
> 1.4.1 from Sun.

Sounds fair enough. Personally, I use 1.3.1_04 and tomcat 4.1.7. There
were some issues with 4.0.x at some point but I think they were resolved.

> I have also tried using <map:parameter name="descriptor"
> value="db1.xml"/>, but I get the same results.
>
> Are there any limitations on file name, such as excluded characters,
> length, etc?

None that I am aware of.

	Chris.

--