Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by MT...@aol.com on 2003/05/19 06:21:30 UTC

File Upload question

Hello All,

Got a question about the file upload feature in Cocoon.

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 4.1.24 on WinXp:

When using the file upload page provided in the Cocoon samples (e.g. the one
that can be accessed at *http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xsp/upload*) the file
upload works just fine.

However, when i move the upload.xsp page to a different directory, the upload
no longer works: the result of sending the file (i.e, selecting a file and
then clicking "Upload File") is

Parameter uploaded_file: test-upload.txt
Parameter uploaded_file is instance of:  class java.lang.String

has anyone encountered anything familiar? any suggestion? tips?

Checked the mailing archives (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-docs&
r=1&w=2) to no avail

Thanks in advance,
MTiffany

Re: File Upload question

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Check that
1) Your form enctype is set to multipart/form-data
2) The request-factory init parameter in web.xml is not
set to SimpleRequestFactoryImpl

the fact that uploaded_file is instance of java.lang.String
should not be related to moving the upload script, but
only related to one of the two issues above.

How did you know it was working before?

HTH,
Geoff