Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2003/09/28 21:31:21 UTC

FileContentStore and JDBCDescriptorStore

I am testing versioning and have the FileContentStore and
JDBCDescriptorStore using the MySql JDBC connector.

Versioning is true in the Domain.xml (in the Domain.xml  in the
<contentstore..., <parameter name="version">true</parameter>) and I can
put and get files to the associated namespace and the files are stored on
the filesystem with the _1.0 which matches the data in the
'latestrevisions' and 'revisions' tables in the database for each file.

But, I can use the Slide Client to lock and get, then I modify, and use
the client to put and unlock files and the content overwrites the _1.0
file on the filesystem and the revisions table shows the files but
isversioned = 0 and the latestrevisions xnumber = 1.0 for all files, no
matter how many times I put new versions.

So it looks like it isn't versioning...doe...is it the combination of the
FileContentStore with the JDBCDescriptorStore?

What can I do to use this combination?

I am attaching the Domain.xml

Michael Oliver
CTO/Matrix Intermedia