Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by David Fire <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/09 19:54:44 UTC

TCP server

Hello,
I'm new to MINA, and hence the newbie question.
I need to develop a server that serves (mobile) clients via a TCP
connection. Clients may maintain a connection open for various periods of
time (depending mainly on network coverage).
Is MINA the right framework for me? Is there anything in Java EE that can
also do this (I'm just taking my first steps with that also), or is it
solely HTTP-oriented?
Thanks,
Zohar.

Re: Download

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/10/06, David Fire <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to download MINA
> (http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/directory/), but the directory I get
> only contains KEYS. Is there anywhere else I should go to or do?
> Thanks.

It seems like the distributions are not propagated properly.  Please try
other mirrors.  Here's a mirror that works for me:

ftp://byungsoo.net/pub/apache/directory/

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: TCP server

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Mar 9, 2006, at 2:57 PM, David Fire wrote:
> Thanks.
> Is my observation about Java EE correct, in that it is HTTP-oreiented?

The Servlet porting of Java EE is certainly HTTP-oriented.. There is
no Java EE equivalent of a TCP-server construction kit, ala MINA though.
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://fotap.org/~osi

Re: TCP server

Posted by David Fire <da...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: Download

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
David Fire a écrit :

> Hello,
> I'm trying to download MINA
> (http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/directory/), but the directory I
> get only contains KEYS. Is there anywhere else I should go to or do?
> Thanks.

Hi,

you have subdirectories (Mina and apacheds), where are stored the
sources and the distribs.

If you don't see them, use ftp in console mode, it should help.

-- Emmanuel Lécharny

Download

Re: TCP server

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.