Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by NagarajaRao <na...@patni.com> on 2001/10/02 09:34:35 UTC

How To Invoke a Soap Request from a browser?

Hi all,
 How to invoke a soap request from a browser? I want to use the browser as a client. What is the sequence of steps to do that? I have one method in mind.
When the request comes from a browser for some information, the request is processed at the web server, whose Servlet ( Assuming MVC ) will send a message a to the Soap Server , gets the information and sends back the information to the browser. Is this the right way?
Where should i give the header information in this case?

Please let me know
Thanks & Regards
Nagaraja Rao

Encoding rules!!!...What is that!

Posted by Gaurav <ga...@ecom.aptech.ac.in>.
Hi all SOAPers

 I am bit confused about SOAP Encoding rules. encodingStyle attribute points to a schema!! Am I right!!
Does anybody explain me few good reasons for this encoding rules!!!

Regards.

Encoding rules!!!...What is that!

Posted by Gaurav <ga...@ecom.aptech.ac.in>.
Hi all SOAPers

Re: How To Invoke a Soap Request from a browser?

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi,

Tom Myers  and Christian BERNARD. Thanks a lot for your reply.
I will surely look into both of your suggestion.

Cheers,
Boon Pang

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi,

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.

Posted by Christian Bernard <cb...@nagora.com>.
Hi,

No, there is no similar stuff in the Netscape browser.
But there is a sub-project in Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/xmlextras/)
which implements SOAP capacities. Unfortunately, the SOAP part of the XML
Extras module is not built by default on the supported platforms, and so it
is not available in the nightly builds. You have to make pour own build to
get this functionnality working.
However, you have another option. The source code of the Microsoft behavior
(JScript) may help you to build a more generic component which works under
IE and Netscape. The only requirement is to use an ActiveX component called
"XMLHTTP"
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk30/h
tm/xmobjxmlhttprequest.asp). This component is used by both the behavior and
the XML Extras module.

Best regards

Christian BERNARD
NAGORA Technologies

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi,

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi,

Posted by Richard Bourland <re...@yahoo.com>.

=====
http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: How To Invoke a Soap Request from a browser?

Posted by Richard Bourland <re...@yahoo.com>.

=====
http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: How To Invoke a Soap Request from a browser?

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi,

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Idoox provides a JavaScript SOAP implementation that enables you to invoke a
SOAP request from a browser. The JavaScript support is included in WASP
Lite. You can download it from http://www.idoox.com/download.html.

Regards,
Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Idoox

Posted by Christian Bernard <cb...@nagora.com>.
Hi Nagaraja,
You can use the Microsoft WebService behavior
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/webservi
ce/using.asp) with Apache SOAP. The only thing you need to do is to replace
the line in the example with a line which should be something like that :
service.useService("http://localhost:8080/mywebapplication/mywebservice.wsdl
","MyWebServiceAlias"). This solution may be used only if your clients are
using the Microsoft IE 5.0 browser (and above). You can do the stuff you
describe because the behavior is making asynchronous calls to the SOAP
server. You have just to specify in your call, the callback method the
behavior must use when the result is returned to the browser. You may mix
the use of several services in the same time.

I've used it with IE 5.0, Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache SOAP 2.1, Tomcat 3.2.2 and
Apache SOAP 2.2 and with The Mind Electric Glue 1.1 & 1.2. It works very
well for all these configurations.

Christian BERNARD

NAGORA Technologies

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.