Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> on 2004/01/07 19:54:12 UTC

Tons of small changes in the testbeans branch.

Hi.

I've been off-line for a while (on the road) working on this, and now
I'm under a pay-per-minute connection, so I've had no choice but
uploading a bunch of changes in a single shot. Sorry for that.

I will appreciate comments from anyone willing to spend the time to
synch the testbeans_experimental_branch. There's significant GUI changes
from the previous version, and as we all know, this is mostly a matter
of tastes, so I need your comments there. In particular, the "Edit"
option in the combos is not a very nice solution... would a small button
with an icon at the right of the field do the work better?

I will also appreciate comments on code structure and hepl on covering
some of the most relevant remaining TODOs:
- How do I sort out a GUI component that would like to grow (e.g. the
arguments table) from one that is perfectly happy at its current size?
- How can I safely warn the user when he enters a string that doesn't
look like a JMeter 'expression' (doesn't contain "${") and the value is
not accepted by the property editor (e.g. a Boolean is not true/false,
an Integer has letters, etc.)
- TODO entries in the code (though some are already obsolete, I need to
remove them).

Thanks in advance,

Jordi.