Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunter D' Hondt <gu...@sofico.be> on 2003/04/02 09:54:51 UTC

Only use serializers

Hello,

I've got a java webapp where I've got the DOM object with the XML
transformed using XSLT but now I want to be able to serialize it to PDF.
I know Cocoon has FOPSerializer etc but how can I call this serializer
from java code with the only input being a transformer and a DOM object.

Any help is welcome!

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt.

Re: Only use serializers

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Gunter D' Hondt wrote:
> I've got a java webapp where I've got the DOM object with the XML
> transformed using XSLT but now I want to be able to serialize it to PDF.
> I know Cocoon has FOPSerializer etc but how can I call this serializer
> from java code with the only input being a transformer and a DOM object.

Have you already looked at
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#servlet_with_xslt

J.Pietschmann