Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2010/04/13 09:08:09 UTC

T5: develop t5 app in Snow Leopard

Hi,

I moved recently from Tiger to Snow Leopard and try to make my T5 app works,
here is what I encountered:

1) in a newly installed Snow Leopard with default Java installation(1.6 64
bits)

T5 app compiles and works well, but got 'heap out of memory' when using
Java's JAI to process some images.

2) set the Java 1.6 to 32 bit mode, got the same problem

3) installed Java 1.5 from Leopard, same problem

4) replaced the JAI extension from Tiger, same problem.

If I run the same program with same memory setting in Tiger, it simply
works.

any idea how to setup Snow Leopard's Java to be fully compatible with T5?

Thanks,

Angelo

Re: T5: develop t5 app in Snow Leopard

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Juan,

finally i found out the problem, i defined the memory size in JAVA_OPTS, it
does not pick up by jetty, setting it in MAVEN_OPTS solves the problem.

A related question, if we use JAVA 6 64 bits, can it be deployed in a 64 bit
linux server?

Thanks,

Angelo

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Angelo

Yes, I use 1.6 64 bits for development in SL,  however I normally let CI
servers generate the artifacts that are deployed and they have do have the
same virtual machine as the target servers.

In theory running something in a different Virtual Machine should work (at
least that's one of the advantages of java) but be careful specially with IO
operations because they might behave different between architectures. Good
thing is that linux and SL are based on unix so it should be ok.

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.