Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Vishwanath Jayaraman <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2017/11/01 00:10:33 UTC

Seeing message "Both curl, wget were not found in path" when running on CentOS7

I see the below error message (highlighted in RED) when I run the instructions from http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/getting-started/ on CentOS 7 container.

nuc5cpyh@ubuntu5cpyh:~$ docker-compose logs aria
Attaching to nuc5cpyh_aria_1
aria_1  | Storing service template my-service-template...
aria_1  | Service template my-service-template stored
aria_1  | Creating new service from service template my-service-template...
aria_1  | Service created. The service's name is my-service
aria_1  | Starting execution. Press Ctrl+C cancel
aria_1  | Starting 'install' workflow execution
aria_1  | web_app_1 Standard.configure started...
aria_1  | Executing: /tmp/tmpEZxG1f-configure.sh
aria_1  | Creating HTTP server root directory at /tmp/python-simple-http-webserver
aria_1  | Downloading blueprint resources...
aria_1  | Execution done (exit_code=0): /tmp/tmpEZxG1f-configure.sh
aria_1  | web_app_1 Standard.configure successful
aria_1  | web_app_1 Standard.start started...
aria_1  | Executing: /tmp/tmpPNcm4A-start.sh
aria_1  | Starting HTTP server from /tmp/python-simple-http-webserver
aria_1  | Starting SimpleHTTPServer
aria_1  | Waiting for server to launch on port 9090
aria_1  | Both curl, wget were not found in path
aria_1  | Execution done (exit_code=1): /tmp/tmpPNcm4A-start.sh
aria_1  | web_app_1 Standard.start failed

The dependencies section of ubuntu/centos in the getting started page needs to be updated to instruct that curl and wget needs to be installed.

However, I notice that the above messages in RED still show up even after installing curl and wget.

Any comments?

Getting Started with ARIA TOSCA • Apache ARIA TOSCA<http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/getting-started/>
ariatosca.incubator.apache.org
The source package comes along with relevant examples, documentation, requirements.txt (for installing specifically the frozen dependencies’ versions with which ...

Vish

Re: Seeing message "Both curl, wget were not found in path" when running on CentOS7

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>.
	Exactly, but that isn’t a big deal. Just create a new docker image with all the components that are needed and push it.

	I think we have a story for creating a docker image on the backlog. I guess it needs to be broken down into
Centos, Ubuntu, Deb, etc… flavors too.

	—Tom

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.