Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Kelly <pj...@rogers.com> on 2002/05/28 23:50:39 UTC

pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

I've tried the following:

Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0
Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0.2
Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 2.0
Jetty 4 w/ cocoon 2.0
Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 1.8

Each time the servlet container works fine, cocoon does not. The only
luck I've had is with Murray Todd's old pkg file which is no longer
available and is one year out of date.

I am about ready to give up. Has anyone out there actually installed
cocoon 2 on OS X? That's all I need to know.

--paul

Re: pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

Posted by Joseph Jupin <jo...@fe77.com>.
I don't know why, but for client Mac OS X - I needed to remove all of
that stuff and any references in the sitemap to the "svg" calls...  It
may have to do with the way java handles the windowing stuff through
Apple's interface...  not for sure.  anyway, once that was removed, it
works like a charm.

Haven't tried to update to 2.0.1 or higher yet - nor have I tried
tomcat 4.03 or higher - those are to be evaulated later on after the
current phase of my projects are completed.

Though, I would like to see you comments on noticing anything else
different for the server side of Mac OS X - that's where everything
will eventually reside.  cool!

peace.  JOe...

peace.  JOe...

RE: pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

Posted by Zack Angelo <za...@nostromocorp.com>.

Posted by Paul Kelly <pj...@rogers.com>.
>There was a problem with tomcat 4.0.2 and cocoon 2.x but all others
>should work out-of-the-box. There's no need to remove batik stuff -
>it works fine under OSX.

Well, all I know is that getting rid of it made it work :-) Now it's
on to getting apache and tomcat/cocoon to play nice. Tomcat says
mod_webapps, cocoon says mod_jk. Which will it be? Right now, neither
works for me.--paul

Re: pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

Posted by Phil Blake <ph...@tcp.net.au>.
There was a problem with tomcat 4.0.2 and cocoon 2.x but all others
should work out-of-the-box. There's no need to remove batik stuff - it
works fine under OSX.

> Hopefully this mail will take care of this for other OS X newbie users.
> Typing OS X into the archive serach engine doesn't do much.

I've found that OSX's Java is excellent. It is very rare to see anything
OSX specific for pure java software so don't be too disappointed that
you didn't find much on the list. There's not much there because there
not much you have to take into account with java on OSX.

Have fun,

Phil

Re: pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

Posted by Paul Kelly <pj...@rogers.com>.
Thanks JOe and everyone else who responded. For the record here's what I did:

Posted by Phil Blake <ph...@tcp.net.au>.
There shouldn't be a problem with the batik libs - they seem to work
fine on OSX.

Posted by Moritz Petersen <de...@pnpconsult.com>.
paul,

fyi: cocoon 2 works fine on my mac (mac os x 10.1.4, jsdk1.3.1u1), but i am
using jboss 2.2.2. + tomcat 3.2.2 (the project is a little bit older, and we
rely on the start configuration ;-)

-mo.

Posted by Joseph Jupin <jo...@fe77.com>.
currently have Tomcat 4.0.1 and Cocoon 2.0 running on Mac OS X
10.1.4...  just make sure you remove all the batik stuff and you
should be golden...

peace.  JOe...

On Tue, 28 May 2002 17:50:39 -0400
  Paul Kelly <pj...@rogers.com> wrote:
>I've tried the following:
>
>Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0
>Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0.2
>Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 2.0
>Jetty 4 w/ cocoon 2.0
>Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 1.8
>
>Each time the servlet container works fine, cocoon does not. The only
>luck I've had is with Murray Todd's old pkg file which is no longer
>available and is one year out of date.
>
>I am about ready to give up. Has anyone out there actually installed
>cocoon 2 on OS X? That's all I need to know.
>
>--paul

peace.  JOe...

Re: pls confirm: cocoon won't work on OSX

Posted by Deepak Mehta <de...@deeeep.com>.
Paul,

I am using the Tomcat 404b2, Tomcat 401, Tomcat 403 and Tomcat 331 with
Cocoon 202 out of the box, unix binaries. And no problems, you just need to
set the JAVA_HOME variable to /Library/Java/Home which points to the JDK 131

What is your problem?

Regards
Deeeep

On 28/5/02 23:50, "Paul Kelly" <pj...@rogers.com> wrote:

> I've tried the following:
>
> Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0
> Tomcat 4.0.1 w/ cocoon 2.0.2
> Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 2.0
> Jetty 4 w/ cocoon 2.0
> Tomcat 4.0.4b1 w/ cocoon 1.8
>
> Each time the servlet container works fine, cocoon does not. The only
> luck I've had is with Murray Todd's old pkg file which is no longer
> available and is one year out of date.
>
> I am about ready to give up. Has anyone out there actually installed
> cocoon 2 on OS X? That's all I need to know.
>
> --paul

Deepak 'Deep' Mehta
E-mail: deep@deeeep.com

PGP Fingerprint: 837E B8E6 6AF4 6675 2730  0848 7731 09F5 3445 00A5

Money-making is a wonderful thing (Maxin & Skin in Carmen Queasy)