Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vivek Nagulapati <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/25 04:06:28 UTC

Working with XML DOM's

Hello All,

My apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldnt find any
relevant solutions on this topic.

I am trying to develop a web service which returns an XML Dom tree which is
of type Document. Some of the clients are implemented on .NET technologies.
My question is, is there any way we could return a Document object directly
without serializing it into a string? Would there be any compatibility
issues if my client returns a Document object directly?

Here are my follow-up questions on this topic

1. Do we have to write custom serializers and deserializers or could we
utilize any of the Axis
(de)serializers ?

2. Can anyone point me to snippets/references/tutorials showing how to
return user-defined complex object types in Axis?

3. If a String array is passed over the wire, how is its information encoded
into XML? What is the underlying mechanism in axis?

Thanks all for your patience and time!

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!