Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by marco rocchi <ro...@studenti.uniroma1.it> on 2016/11/24 15:33:28 UTC

SparkUI via proxy

Hi,
I'm working with Apache Spark in order to develop my master thesis.I'm new
in spark and working with cluster. I searched through internet but I didn't
found a way to solve.
My problem is the following one: from my pc I can access to a master node
of a cluster only via proxy.
To connect to proxy and then to master node,I have to set up an ssh tunnel,
but from parctical point of view I have no idea of how in this way I can
interact with WebUI spark.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Re: SparkUI via proxy

Posted by marco rocchi <ro...@studenti.uniroma1.it>.
Thanks to all, I solved the problem.
I'm sorry if the question was off topic, next time I'll post to
stackoverflow.
Thanks a lot

Re: SparkUI via proxy

Posted by Ricardo Almeida <ri...@actnowib.com>.
Marco,

Depending on your configuration, maybe what you're looking for is:
localhost:4040

Check this two StackOverflow answers:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31460079/spark-ui-on-aws-emr
or similar questions. This is not a specific Spark issue.

Please check StackOverflow or post to User Mailing List, next time on this
type of question.

Re: SparkUI via proxy

Posted by marco rocchi <ro...@studenti.uniroma1.it>.
Thanks for the helping.

RE: SparkUI via proxy

Posted by Ewan Leith <ew...@realitymine.com>.
This is more of a question for the spark user’s list, but if you look at FoxyProxy and SSH tunnels it’ll get you going.

These instructions from AWS for accessing EMR are a good start

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-ssh-tunnel.html

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-connect-master-node-proxy.html

Ewan

Re: SparkUI via proxy