Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> on 2008/06/18 06:09:48 UTC

1.5.0 up for signing/testing

I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and
signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is the same magic revision
as rc11, so the differences between the tarballs should be limited to
svn_version.h.

http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/

You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate
is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
to people not interested in test-driving the new release.  Even though
the code has been tested and signed previously, please test and sign
this release to ensure code completeness and that I didn't bork the
packaging somehow.

Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
summarized at the above address.

The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the
pre-releases and the final release, so if people install the release
candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
unrepairably when they upgrade to 1.5.0 proper.  We don't want that kind
of bad publicity, and neither do you.

-Hyrum

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
Tested on Ubuntu Dapper (Linux 2.6.18), 64-bit.

I already had APR 1.2.8 preinstalled.  No BDB.

 - unpacked tarball
 - ./configure --with-apr=... --with-apr-util=...
 - make -j
 - make check

In other words, tested *1* way, not 6 way.  Especially since this
tarball has the same rc11 code that was tested like crazy last week.
My signature represents a sanity-test / smoke-test:

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 23:09 -0700, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and
> signing.

    +1 to release

Tested:

    [ bdb, fsfs ] x [ local, svn ]
    swig-pl, swig-py

    Verified that all 6 distribution packages are identical to their
    RC11 counterparts except for version number differences.

Results:

    All tests pass.

OS/Platform:

    SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.1 (i686, kernel 2.6.13)

    Using in-tree build of subversion-deps packages:
       neon

    Using SuSE distribution-supplied packages:
       apr      libapr1-1.2.2-13.2
       apr-util libapr-util1-1.2.2-13.2
       bdb      db-4.3.29-15.2
       openssl  openssl-0.9.8a-18.23
       perl     perl-5.8.8-14.2
       python   python-2.4.2-18.10
       zlib     zlib-1.2.3-15.2

Signatures

    ::: subversion-1.5.0.tar.bz2 :::

    ::: subversion-1.5.0.tar.gz :::

- Julian

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:

> Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
>> Thanks Mark,
>
>> That testing I did from my home where I have local gpg key.
>
> That testing I did from my home where I have different gpg key.
>
>> The current signature is verifiable.
>
>> Will make sure my home PC too has the signature in the future
>
> Will make sure my home PC too has the same verifiable signature in the
> future.

Great!

This is a minor detail, but when you report test results, could you also
specify which platform you tested on.  I presume it was a *nix platform,
since you indicated that you used 'configure', but it would be just a
bit easier for me if you mentioned that explicitly.

Thanks,

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.

Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
>
> That testing I did from my home where I have local gpg key.

That testing I did from my home where I have different gpg key.

> The current signature is verifiable.
>
> Will make sure my home PC too has the signature in the future

Will make sure my home PC too has the same verifiable signature in the
future.

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Kamesh,

When the last release went out we had to drop your signature because
Hyrum could not verify your key or it was not published to the key
servers or something.  I do not know if he emailed you the details.

Mark

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net> wrote:

> With regards
> Kamesh Jayachandran
>
> Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and
>> signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is the same magic revision
>> as rc11, so the differences between the tarballs should be limited to
>> svn_version.h.
>>
>> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/
>>
>> You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
>> enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome.  At this point, this candidate
>> is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
>> to people not interested in test-driving the new release.  Even though
>> the code has been tested and signed previously, please test and sign
>> this release to ensure code completeness and that I didn't bork the
>> packaging somehow.
>>
>> Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
>> builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
>> not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
>> summarized at the above address.
>>
>> The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the
>> pre-releases and the final release, so if people install the release
>> candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
>> unrepairably when they upgrade to 1.5.0 proper.  We don't want that kind
>> of bad publicity, and neither do you.
>>
>> -Hyrum

Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Both these signatures are for the tarballs:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Daniel L. Rall wrote:
> SIGNATURES:
> -----------
subversion-1.5.0.tar.gz:

subversion-deps-1.5.0.tar.gz:

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

TESTED:
-------
[ file | svn | http (neon) ] x [ fsfs | bdb ]
[ JavaHL bindings ] x [ fsfs | bdb ]
[ SWIG Perl, Python, Ruby bindings ] x [ fsfs ]

RESULTS:
--------
1 test failure (NOT A RELEASE BLOCKER) in the Ruby bindings (in its
test code, not in the bindings themselves):

  1) Error:test_mkdir_p(SvnClientTest):NoMethodError: undefined method `Pathname' for #<SvnClientTest:0x559fc5a8>/tmp/subversion-1.5.0/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_client.rb:220:in `test_mkdir_p'

test_client.rb file appears to be attempting to invoke the Pathname
constructor on a string, but the interpreter is instead considering it
to be a method call on the SvnClientTest object from where it's being
invoked:

  dir_path = Pathname(@wc_path) + dir

Pathname has been standard since Ruby 1.8
<http://stdlib.rubyonrails.org/libdoc/pathname/rdoc/index.html>. This
same code succeeds with the attached patch, which substitutes explicit
use of a constructor via Pathname.new() for Pathname() call. epg
reports that this same code also succeeds on a newer version of Ubuntu
which has Ruby 1.8.6.

All other core and bindings tests pass.

SIGNATURES:
-----------
subversion-1.5.0.zip:

subversion-deps-1.5.0.zip:

PLATFORM:
---------
Ubuntu 6.06.2
Linux kernel 2.6.18.5
JDK 1.5.0_06
Ruby 1.8.4
Python 2.4.3
Perl 5.8.7
Intel processor

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

TESTED:
-------
Verified md5sum and sha1sum
[ file | svn ] x [ fsfs | bdb ]
[ JavaHL bindings ]

Windows XP

RESULTS:
--------
All tests passed

SIGNATURES:

subversion-1.5.0..zip

subversion-deps-1.5.0.zip

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi there,

I have made a little test with this release of SVN 1.5

Environment: SuSE Enterprise Server 9 (SLES9)

   ./configure \
        --prefix=$SVN_PREFIX    \
        --with-apr=$APACHE_INSTALL_DIR \
        --with-apr-util=$APACHE_INSTALL_DIR \
        --with-apxs=$APACHE_INSTALL_DIR/bin/apxs \
        --with-ssl \
        --enable-shared \
        --with-swig=/usr/local/swig \
    make swig-pl
    make check-swig-pl
    make install-swig-pl
    make swig-py
    make check-swig-py
    make install-swig-py

Apache 2.0.59

svnsles9:/usr/local/apache-2.0.59/bin # ./apr-config --version
0.9.12

SWIG Version 1.3.31
No BDB

svnsles9:/usr/install/compile/subversion-1.5.0 # make check
Running all tests in client-test [1/56]...success
Running all tests in compat-test [2/56]...success
Running all tests in config-test [3/56]...success
Running all tests in diff-diff3-test [4/56]...success
Running all tests in error-test [5/56]...success
Running all tests in fs-test [6/56]...success
Running all tests in hashdump-test [7/56]...success
Running all tests in locks-test [8/56]...success
Running all tests in mergeinfo-test [9/56]...success
Running all tests in opt-test [10/56]...success
Running all tests in path-test [11/56]...success
Running all tests in ra-local-test [12/56]...success
Running all tests in random-test [13/56]...success
Running all tests in repos-test [14/56]...success
Running all tests in revision-test [15/56]...success
Running all tests in stream-test [16/56]...success
Running all tests in string-test [17/56]...success
Running all tests in time-test [18/56]...success
Running all tests in translate-test [19/56]...success
Running all tests in utf-test [20/56]...success
Running all tests in target-test.py [21/56]...success
Running all tests in getopt_tests.py [22/56]...success
Running all tests in basic_tests.py [23/56]...success
Running all tests in checkout_tests.py [24/56]...success
Running all tests in commit_tests.py [25/56]...success
Running all tests in update_tests.py [26/56]...success
Running all tests in switch_tests.py [27/56]...success
Running all tests in prop_tests.py [28/56]...success
Running all tests in schedule_tests.py [29/56]...success
Running all tests in log_tests.py [30/56]...success
Running all tests in copy_tests.py [31/56]...success
Running all tests in diff_tests.py [32/56]...success
Running all tests in export_tests.py [33/56]...success
Running all tests in externals_tests.py [34/56]...success
Running all tests in merge_tests.py [35/56]...success
Running all tests in merge_authz_tests.py [36/56]...success
Running all tests in revert_tests.py [37/56]...success
Running all tests in mergeinfo_tests.py [38/56]...success
Running all tests in stat_tests.py [39/56]...success
Running all tests in trans_tests.py [40/56]...success
Running all tests in autoprop_tests.py [41/56]...success
Running all tests in blame_tests.py [42/56]...success
Running all tests in special_tests.py [43/56]...success
Running all tests in svnadmin_tests.py [44/56]...success
Running all tests in svnlook_tests.py [45/56]...success
Running all tests in svnversion_tests.py [46/56]...success
Running all tests in utf8_tests.py [47/56]...success
Running all tests in history_tests.py [48/56]...success
Running all tests in lock_tests.py [49/56]...success
Running all tests in cat_tests.py [50/56]...success
Running all tests in import_tests.py [51/56]...success
Running all tests in svnsync_tests.py [52/56]...success
Running all tests in authz_tests.py [53/56]...success
Running all tests in depth_tests.py [54/56]...success
Running all tests in svndumpfilter_tests.py [55/56]...success
Running all tests in changelist_tests.py [56/56]...success
At least one test was SKIPPED, checking
/usr/install/compile/subversion-1.5.0/tests.log
SKIP:  update_tests.py 32: update wc on the root of a Windows (virtual)
drive
SKIP:  switch_tests.py 17: refresh the WC file system read-only attribute
SKIP:  merge_authz_tests.py 1: skipped paths get overriding mergeinfo
SKIP:  utf8_tests.py 1: conversion of paths and logs to/from utf8
SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 14: verify that unreadable content is not synced
SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 15: verify that copies from unreadable dirs work
SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 16: verify copies with mods from unreadable dirs
SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 17: verify copies with mods from unreadable dirs
+copy
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 1: authz issue #2486 - open root
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 2: authz issue #2486 - open directory
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 3: broken authz files cause errors
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 4: test authz for read operations
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 5: test authz for write operations
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 6: test authz for checkout
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 7: test authz for log and tracing path changes
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 8: test authz for checkout and update
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 9: test authz for export with unreadable subfolder
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 10: test authz for aliases
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 11: test the authz validation rules
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 12: test authz for locking
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 13: authz issue #2712
SKIP:  authz_tests.py 14: switched to directory, no read access on parents

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and
> signing.  The magic revision is r31699.  This is the same magic revision
> as rc11, so the differences between the tarballs should be limited to
> svn_version.h.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/

SUMMARY:

   +1 for release.

TESTED:

   Verified md5sums and sha1sums.

Centos 4.1 i386 and x86_86:

   apr 1.2.12
   apr-util 1.2.12
   bdb 4.6.21
   neon 0.28.2
   swig 1_3_25

   [ ra_local, ra_svn ] x [ bdb, fsfs ]
   javahl
   perl 5.8.5
   python 2.4.1
   ruby 1.8.5

RESULTS:

   All tests passed.

Compared the uncompressed tar.bz2 and tar.gz files and they match byte for byte.
  Did a recursive diff between r31699 and the main distribution files and they
match minus svn:keyword differences.  Did a recursive diff -ruw between the
tarballs and the zip file and they match.

Regards,
Blair

subversion-1.5.0.tar.bz2

subversion-1.5.0.tar.gz

subversion-1.5.0.zip

Re: Ruby test failure

Posted by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>.
[Kouhei Sutou]
> {{{
> Normalize compared value.
>
> * subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb
>   (SvnWcTest#assert_diff_callbacks): Pass expected result to normalize.
>   (SvnWcTest#test_diff_callbacks_for_backward_compatibility):
>   Sort actual and expected result to compare.
>   (SvnWcTest#test_diff_callbacks): Just receive and return expected result.
> }}}

That appears to fix it - and thanks for the quick response!
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/

Re: Ruby test failure

Posted by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@cozmixng.org>.
Hi,

In <20...@p12n.org>
  "Ruby test failure [was Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing]" on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 03:23:52 -0500,
  Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org> wrote:

> I get an odd failure in the ruby test.  It looks like a too-fragile
> test, but I have _no_ idea - maybe this is a real failure?  Help.
> --
> Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/
>

> XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby$ ruby1.8 test/run-test.rb test/test_wc.rb
> Loaded suite test_wc.rb
> Started
> ........F.........................
> Finished in 82.14625 seconds.
>
>   1) Failure:
> test_diff_callbacks_for_backward_compatibility(SvnWcTest)

{{{

Posted by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>.
[Hyrum K. Wright]
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and
> signing.

I get an odd failure in the ruby test.  It looks like a too-fragile
test, but I have _no_ idea - maybe this is a real failure?  Help.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/

XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby$ ruby1.8 test/run-test.rb test/test_wc.rb
Loaded suite test_wc.rb
Started
........F.........................
Finished in 82.14625 seconds.

  1) Failure:
test_diff_callbacks_for_backward_compatibility(SvnWcTest)
XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb:728:in `assert_diff_callbacks'
XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/wc.rb:117:in `_open'
XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/wc.rb:95:in `open'
XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb:684:in `assert_diff_callbacks'
XXX/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/test/test_wc.rb:734:in `test_diff_callbacks_for_backward_compatibility':
<[[:dir_props_changed,
  "test/wc-tmp/wc",
  [#<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a388d8
    @name="svn:entry:committed-date",
    @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a388b0 @name="svn:entry:uuid", @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38888 @name="svn:entry:last-author", @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38860
    @name="svn:entry:committed-rev",
    @value=nil>]],
 [:file_changed,
  "test/wc-tmp/wc/dir/hello.txt",
  [#<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a387e8 @name="my-prop", @value="value">]],
 [:file_added, "test/wc-tmp/wc/dir/hello2.txt", []]]> expected but was
<[[:dir_props_changed,
  "test/wc-tmp/wc",
  [#<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38e78 @name="svn:entry:uuid", @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38e28
    @name="svn:entry:committed-date",
    @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38dd8 @name="svn:entry:last-author", @value=nil>,
   #<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38d88
  [#<Svn::Core::Prop:0x2b05f2a38b58 @name="my-prop", @value="value">]],

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Hyrum K. Wright
<hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and signing.
>  The magic revision is r31699.  This is the same magic revision as rc11, so
> the differences between the tarballs should be limited to svn_version.h.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) ]
JavaHL Bindings

SUCCESSFULLY BUILT BUT NOT TESTED:
----------------------------------
Perl Bindings
Python Bindings

SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

RESULTS:
--------
All tests pass.

VERIFIED:
-------
http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/austin-liveoak/subversion-1.5.0.zip:

C:\Downloads\1.5.0.RC.Final>gpg --verify subversion-1.5.0.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 06/18/08 01:18:18 using DSA key ID 4E24517C
gpg: Good signature from "Hyrum K. Wright (Personal) <hy...@hyrumwright.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Hyrum K. Wright (UT) <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 3324 80DA 0F8C A37D AEE6  D084 0B03 AE6E 4E24 517C

MD5: a02fe024d16953e1f8e5bce1392cf33b
SHA1: b102480788a1d8be9294339685a08746eab85b4c

Excepting subversion/include/svn_version.h and www/hacking.html, the
contents of subversion-1.5.0.zip match
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.5.x@31699

PLATFORM (all but the JavaHL tests which were done on another Win32 box):
---------
Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
AMD Athlon X2
MS Visual C++ 6.0 SP6
VMWare Player 2.0.0 build-45731

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
apr: 0.9.13
apr-util: 0.9.12
neon: 0.28.0
zlib: 1.2.3
OpenSSL: 0.9.8d
Apache: 2.0.59
BDB: 4.4.20 http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/32472/db-4.4.20-win32.zip

SIGNATURE:
-----------
User: Paul T. Burba (pburba) <pa...@softlanding.com>
1024-bit DSA key
ID 53FCDC55
created 2006/06/21

subversion-1.5.0.zip:

Paul

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/

  +1 to release.

Paranoia:

  Verified md5sums and sha1sums.

  Verified that *.bz2 and *.gz were signed with Hyrum's key 4E24517C.

  Verified that *.bz2 vs *.gz uncompress to exactly the same tarball,
  for both deps and non-deps.

  Verified that the trees in the deps tarball exactly match the releases
  they claim to match, by downloading from upstream and comparing:
  apr-1.2.12, apr-util-1.2.12, neon-0.28.2, serf-0.2.0, zlib-1.2.3.

  Verified that 1.5.0 tarball is exactly the same as 1.5.0-rc11 except
  for trivial version string differences (already tested rc11, see
  http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=140008).

  Verified that 1.5.0 configures with just "./configure" and builds
  cleanly (except for those annoying uninitialized var warnings that we
  can't get rid of because the compiler is lost in some abstract set
  theory land from which there is apparently no return).

  Verified that I am who I think I am, by asking a bystander.

Environment:

  Debian GNU/Linux ('testing' distro, very recently dist-upgraded)
  Linux 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP

Dependencies:

  APR / APR-UTIL 1.2.12
  Apache httpd 2.2.8
  Neon 0.28.0
  Serf r1190 (0.2.1, really -- my local serf comes from a working copy)

Tested:

  [ fsfs ] x [ ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf ]

  (Installing with BDB is still broken locally for me, sigh.
   I don't think that's a Subversion problem, though.)

Results:

  All tests passed.

Signatures:

::: subversion-1.5.0.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.5.0.tar.bz2 :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-deps-1.5.0.tar.bz2 :::

Re: 1.5.0 up for signing/testing

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Hyrum K. Wright
<hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.5.0 is up for testing and signing.
>  The magic revision is r31699.  This is the same magic revision as rc11, so
> the differences between the tarballs should be limited to svn_version.h.
>
> http://test.hyrumwright.org/svn/1.5.0/

I'm +1 for release.

TESTED: [ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) ]

RESULTS: All passed.

PLATFORM:
Windows XP Pro Version SP3
MS Visual Studio 2005 SP1