Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/26 00:33:37 UTC

Unable to connect to Impala shell after updating the cluster to 5.5.1

Hi,
Did anyone had this issue for impala ?

I am Unable to connect to Impala shell after updating the cluster to 5.5.1

my cluster has kerberos and LDAP for authentication. When it try to connect
impala shell It displays a message

" LDAP credentials may not be sent over insecure connections. Enable SSL or
set --auth_creds_ok_in_clear "

impala-shell -i impala.jayapal.com -l -u jayapal

LDAP credentials may not be sent over insecure connections. Enable SSL or
set --auth_creds_ok_in_clear

If I use impala-shell -i impala.jayapal.com -l -u jayapal
--auth_creds_ok_in_clear

it allow me to connect.

Please let me know if anyone had resolved this issue.

Thanks
Jay