Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cameron <ca...@ogmios.ca> on 2003/04/19 23:28:40 UTC

context

do I have to have a special context or something setup to be able to get
jsp pages to execute from my Apache document root?

-Cam

WebappClassLoader

Posted by Sanda John P <sa...@cs.clemson.edu>.
How can my webapp obtain a reference to its WebappClassLoader? I have a
JSP which needs to load classes from users. The classes that need to be
loaded derive from a class within my application. So when I tried to use
antother URLClassLoader, it threw a NoClassDefFoundError since it wasn't
aware of my classes in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/. I was
hoping that using the WebappClassLoader might be an easy solution to my
problem. Thanks.

John Sanda, Clemson University Computer Science Dept.
(864)656-2844

Session Snooper

Posted by "Francisco J. Bido" <bi...@mac.com>.
About a two years ago I was on a project were I used a JSP utility
called Snooper to inspect HttpSession objects.  I figured it was widely
available but I couldn't find a Google hit for it.   Can anyone provide
an URL or email a copy?   It's not hard to create one  from scratch but
Snooper did some very nice rendering of the inspection results and I
don't have too much time at this moment.

Thanks!
-FB

Re: context

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
In server.xml, you'll a context with an empty path, for example:
  <Context path="" docBase="/usr/local/more_cowbell" .../>

This gets tomcat set up. But apache is clueless (because it wasn't told
anything yet),  so you'll need to do 2 things:
1) Set up jk
2) Set up doc root in apache

1 - Read the docs. http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/apache.html
2 - in httpd.con: DocumentRoot "/usr/local/more_cowbell"

I suggest skimming all the links in the faq link above. I hope they are helpful.

Good luck,

-Tim