Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2012/03/27 21:08:52 UTC

Redirect to external URL from AjaxLink

Is it possible to redirect to an external URL when the AjaxLink onClick
is called?

I frequently use setReponsePage to redirect to a mounted page from
within an onClick but this redirects based on page class/parameters.. I
can't see a setResponseUrl (or similar method).

Can we use a

throw new RedirectToUrlException

within AJAX like we do in constructors of pages when a 'normal' http
page request is being processed?

Yours sincerely,

Chris Colman

RE: Redirect to external URL from AjaxLink

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
RedirectToUrlException works fine from within an AJAX response handler
in Wicket.