Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alan Nisbet <al...@ecebs.com> on 2008/04/28 10:53:47 UTC

datetimepickers

Hi,

I'm trying to capture date and time from a datetimepicker, so I want the
date object to contain both date and time. Has anyone come up with a
decent solution on how to do this?

I would have thought it was a relatively common thing to try and do!

Best Regards,

Alan.

 Alan Nisbet  	                Phone: +44(0)1355 272911
 Software Engineer                Fax:   +44(0)1355 272993
 Ecebs Limited
 The Toros Building,
 Rankin Avenue
 Scottish Enterprise Technology Park,
 East Kilbride
 G75 0QF                          Email:     alan.nibset@ecebs.com
 United Kingdom                   Internet:  http://www.Ecebs.com

 This email is only for the use of the addressee.  It may contain
 information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt
 from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient you are
 hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
 of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Re: datetimepickers

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Alan Nisbet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to capture date and time from a datetimepicker, so I want
> the date object to contain both date and time. Has anyone come up with
> a decent solution on how to do this?
>
> I would have thought it was a relatively common thing to try and do!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Alan.

It's a matter of ensuring the param you post to your action is in the
appropriate datetime format supported by the date converter (eg. RFC3339).
You can assemble the param from multiple inputs/widgets on the client
side using javascript prior to posting a form (and after loading a page
for the reverse)

The datetimepicker widget itself does not support selection of both date
and time. You need multiple widgets and you'll need to format/parse the
param in javascript yourself.

You may be less effort to use a date and time picker from a javascript
library that supports this already.