Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2008/01/04 10:25:51 UTC

Re: [T5] How to format java.lang.Date when using expansion

As you can see, there's a lot of options, and on that note I'll add one
more. You can use the DateFormat component, which is part of  this
component library: http://code.google.com/p/gc-tapestry-components/.

It has the disadvantage of providing a specific function, as opposed to
Output/OutputLocaleNumber which handle various situations. This
limitation, on the other hand, makes it easier to use:

Just pass it a date (article.created is a page property) and a date
format as supported by java's SimpleDateFormat, and that's all.

chris