Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com> on 2019/10/17 14:20:48 UTC

No Xerces-C++ packages in RHEL/CentOS 8

I see[1] that Xerces-C++ packages are no longer part of RHEL/CentOS 8.

Anyone knows the back story and if there are any alternative sources,
like Fedora's EPEL (web search didn't yield anything promising)?

Actually, scratch that, there is EPEL 8[2] and Xerces-C++ 3.2.2
is there[3].

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html-single/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_8/index#removed-packages_changes-to-packages
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
[3] https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/8/Everything/x86_64/Packages/x/

Re: No Xerces-C++ packages in RHEL/CentOS 8

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 10/17/19, 10:21 AM, "Boris Kolpackov" <bo...@codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> I see[1] that Xerces-C++ packages are no longer part of RHEL/CentOS 8.

They're in EPEL, I believe, so are still sort of "reachable".

> Actually, scratch that, there is EPEL 8[2] and Xerces-C++ 3.2.2
> is there[3].

Yes, much to my chagrin. I don't trust RH will maintain them, so I preferred they not be there.

-- Scott