Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Fredrik Westermarck <fr...@mdh.se> on 2003/06/25 19:03:56 UTC

[standard] Accessing current ResourceBundle

Hi!

I'm using jakarta-standard-taglib-1.0.3 mainly because of the i18n
capabilities on my JSP-pages. Since I also have some custom tags that
needs to present information based from the same ResourceBundles.

Is it possible to retrive the ResourceBundle that is beeing used
(defined by fmt:setBundle in pagescope) in the JSTL-tags in a
standardized and portable way?

Currently my tags gets the ResourceBundle to use from the requestscope,
set by the Servlet that handles the incoming request. That requires some
extra error handling in the Servlet since it has to retrive the bundle.
It would be much more simpler to use and minimizing the risk to forget
setting the ResourceBundle in the Servlet.

Is it the 'javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext' that holds
the current LocalizationContext-object, from which I can get the current
ResourceBundle if it's available?

Regards,
Fredrik Westermarck