Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/01 15:02:03 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan to release StreamPipes 1.0

Hi,

Agree with you. I think we should focus on usability improvements and
mature APIs for the 1.0 release. It is more important for users.
Other non-critical features can be released in a later version.

Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org> 于2022年11月27日周日 03:01写道:

Xin

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan to release StreamPipes 1.0

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominik,

For usability / ease of use improvement, for example, we can add some
adapters that can mock data, or add some built-in runnable pipeline
examples.
This allows users to quickly verify functions of the product.

Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org> 于2022年12月5日周一 02:34写道:

Xin

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan to release StreamPipes 1.0

Posted by Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Thanks for your feedback!

I am especially interested in the opinion from those of you haven't followed the project for years, as you have a "fresh" view on the system:
What do you think are the biggest pain points regarding usability or where do you see improvement potential?

I'll start a discussion on Github and we can collect any ideas there.

Cheers
DOminik

> [...]

> > is to release a new version soon together with the TLP
> announcement, which is currently named "0.90.0".<br>
> >
> > I totally agree that a 1.0 version gives more trust to users. So
> > let's
> say we would go for a 1.0 release after 0.90.0, what do you all think
> should be part of this release and what improvements should be done?
> Are any mission-critical features missing?<br>
> >
> > E.g., an important item on my list for the 1.0 release is increased
> > test
> coverage.<br>
> >
> > Cheers<br>
> > Dominik<br>
> >

> > On 2022/11/25 05:07:54 Xin Wang wrote:<br>
> > > The current StreamPipes version is 0.70. Do we have a plan to
> > > release
> 1.0?<br>
> > > Because 1.x version may make users feel more mature and stable,

Xin