Posted to user@metron.apache.org by deepak kumar <kd...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/19 11:18:24 UTC

HCP in Cloud infrastructures such as AWS , GCP, AZURE

Hi All
I have a quick question around HCP deployments in cloud infra such as AWS.
I am planning to run persistent cluster for all event streaming and
processing.
And then run transient cluster such as AWS EMR to run batch loads on the
data ingested from persistent cluster.
Have anyone tried this model ?
Since data volume is going to be humongous ,cloud is charging lot of money
for data io and storage.
Keeping this in mind , what could be the best cloud deployment of hcp
components assuming there is going to be ingest rate of 10TB per day .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepak

Re: HCP in Cloud infrastructures such as AWS , GCP, AZURE

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Depending on the model of security, you may have some challenges with the
Ranger integration with your cloud storage especially if you are thinking
of using TDE for the encryption at rest. Otherwise, using Metron in that
way should be quite feasible. However, you may face some performance issues
depending on what the required SLA is, but the cost saving will most
probably convince you to go with the decoupling storage from compute.

Cheers,
Ali

--
A.Nazemian

Re: HCP in Cloud infrastructures such as AWS , GCP, AZURE

Posted by deepak kumar <kd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Carolyn.

Posted by Carolyn Duby <cd...@hortonworks.com>.