Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/04/15 21:04:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Restricting access by IP address between Linux and WinXP

I have a directory set up that I am trying to restrict public access to.  I
am working from my WinXP workstation and I use a SSH client to connect to my
Linux server.  My access to the public site works fine.

However, when I attempt to access the private site from the IP address
specified in the directive, I get a forbidden message. The good news is that
public access is also forbidden, but I need to get access from my
workstation at the least, and possibly other workstations within my office.
I am on the same network as the Linux server, and can't understand why this
is not working.

Any ideas?

In my httpd.conf I have the <Directory> directives set up (left out
irrelevant code):

<Directory />
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all