Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> on 2015/11/02 12:16:47 UTC

Convert README.txt to README.md and markdown

Hi,

I would like to take the current README.txt in the projects top level folder, rename that to README.md and use markdown for formatting. In addition I would like to add some more content as a kind of quick start how to get help, file issues… Benefit would be that a) the README provides some basic information for the ones looking at the source code and b) renaming to .MD and using markdown will provide a better look&feel on GitHub as that will be the initial document visible at the bottom of the PDFBox GitHib repo.

WDYT?

Maruan

Re: Convert README.txt to README.md and markdown

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 2. November 2015 um 12:16
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> I would like to take the current README.txt in the projects top level folder,
> rename that to README.md and use markdown for formatting. In addition I would
> like to add some more content as a kind of quick start how to get help, file
> issues… Benefit would be that a) the README provides some basic information
> for the ones looking at the source code and b) renaming to .MD and using
> markdown will provide a better look&feel on GitHub as that will be the initial
> document visible at the bottom of the PDFBox GitHib repo.
>
> WDYT?
+1, good idea

BR
Andreas