Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rodger <et...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/31 09:43:34 UTC

of and in http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

Hi,
It is clear that <connector/> in <module/> provides URI of resource adapter
archive file path relative to the enterprise application package main
directory.
But in <ext-module>, there is a element <external-path> to provide the very
URI, what is <connector/> in <ext-module> used for?
If we use both <connector/> and <external-path> , which URI will be
accepted?

--
Best Regards,
Rodger.

Re: of and in http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Well,
That is what says in schema:
first choose the type of your module, can be connector/ejb/web...
second, choose if it is internal or external
third, you might forget this, which give you a chance to provide a plan for
the external module.

<!--TODO consider an alt-spec-dd element-->
            <!--Do not allow vendor plan inside ear.  If it is in the
ear, this does not need to be an external module -->
            <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:documentation>
                        This option element contains the geronimo deployment
                        plan for included modules. The geronimo deployment plan
                        for included modules can be packaged with module.
                    </xs:documentation>
                </xs:annotation>
            </xs:any>

-Rex.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
two choices below:
           <xs:choice>
                <xs:element name="connector" type="geronimo:pathType">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The presence of this element is indicative of J2EE
                            module type to be resource adapter module, and the
                            value of this element provides URI of resource
                            adapter archive file path relative to the enterprise
                            application package main directory.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>
                </xs:element>
                <xs:element name="ejb" type="geronimo:pathType">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The presence of this element is indicative of J2EE
                            module type to be EJB module, and the value of this
                            element provides URI of EJB archive file path
                            relative to the enterprise application package main
                            directory.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>
                </xs:element>
                <xs:element name="java" type="geronimo:pathType">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The presence of this element is indicative of J2EE
                            module type to be Java Application client module,
                            and the value of this element provides URI of
                            application client java archive file path relative
                            to the enterprise application package main
                            directory.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>
                </xs:element>
                <xs:element name="web" type="geronimo:pathType">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The presence of this element is indicative of Web
                            module type to be EJB module, and the value of this
                            element provides URI of Web archive file path
                            relative to the enterprise application package main
                            directory.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>
                </xs:element>
            </xs:choice>
            <xs:choice>
                <xs:element name="internal-path" type="xs:token">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The element indicates that the module is a part of
                            this enterprise application. The value of this
                            element specifies the path of module relative to
                            internal path indicates that the module is packaged
                            in the EAR, and a path specified here is relative to
                            the enterprise application package main directory.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>
                </xs:element>
                <xs:element name="external-path" type="sys:patternType">
                    <xs:annotation>
                        <xs:documentation>
                            The element indicates that the module is not a part
                            of this enterprise application, but rather located
                            matching the supplied pattern in a
Geronimo repository.
                        </xs:documentation>
                    </xs:annotation>