Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/11 21:39:20 UTC

custom StoragePort?

I tried to run multiple cassandra daemons on the same host, using
different ports, for a test env.

I thought this would work, but it turns out that the StoragePort used
by outputTcpConnection is always assumed to be the one specified
in .yaml, i.e. the code assumes that the storageport is same
everywhere. in fact this assumption seems deeply held in many places
in the code, so it's a bit difficult to refactor it , for example by
substituting InetAddress with InetSocketAddress.

I am just wondering, do you see any other value to a custom
storageport, besides testing? if there is real value, maybe someone
more familiar with the code could do the refactoring

Thanks
yang

RE: custom StoragePort?

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <JE...@morningstar.com>.
If you are on linux see:
https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm

ira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Re: custom StoragePort?

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
never mind, found this..